We now stock our own quality range of free range meat, game and poultry, sourced right here in the West Country by Jon Thorners.
In addition, we are thrilled to be giving space to two award-winning local farms who are bringing us their outdoor bred local meats:
- The Langton Arms Butchery from the Tarrant Valley with their minimum 21 days matured beef and
- The Uncommon Pig with their rare breed, free range Berkshire pork, ham, bacon and sausages from just up the road in Stour Provost.
We also do...
- Meat to order, such as special cuts of beef, lamb or venison, or Italian porchetta
- Fresh rabbit, pheasant and venison from The Game Larder in Blandford¨
- Free range chickens from where
- Cured meats from The Dorset Charcuterie and Capreolus Fine Foods
- Award-winning Chorizo Sausage from The Bath Pig
Our fresh fish counter
On our award-winning fish counter youll find a huge selection of locally sourced fresh fish including sea bass, plaice, mackerel and monkfish, as well as staples such as cod fillets and natural smoked haddock from Seafoods of Stalbridge. Pick up a tuna or salmon steak, fresh trout, black bream or check out the frozen section for fish pie mix, fishcakes and seafood. Enjoy fresh seafood such as mussels, squid, dressed crab and lots of other lovely fruits of the sea, depending on whats seasonally available and fresh.
We also do...
- Fish to order, such as octopus, Alaskan King Crab and oysters
Come and discuss your needs at the counter in-store or call Martyn Else on on 01963 363539 or 07790 592145, if you would like to place a special order.
Soup, smoothies, yoghurts, ready meals, frankfurters and sausages, cooked meats, salads, cheeses, cream, milk, juices, fresh pasta, pizzas, puddings, packed lunch stuff and masses of other tasty fresh food is delivered freshly every morning to our Stalbridge store.
We also have a few more unusual items nestling on the chiller shelves:
- Halloumi and feta cheese
- The complete range of Yeo Valley organic milk, butter, yoghurts and half fat creme fraiche
- Falafel, Tarama salata and dolmades¨
- Hot kiln-smoked salmon, and trout pate from Mere Fish Farm