Introduction & General Terms
- What information Dike & Son may collect about you
- How Dike & Son will use information we collect about you
- When Dike & Son may use your details to contact you
- How your data is stored and data security
- Data retention
- Whether Dike & Son will disclose your data to anyone else
- Information About Visiting This website and cookies
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us
Who we are
Dike & Son is a family-run independent supermarket and cafe based in Stalbridge, north Dorset.
What Data we collect about you
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data: may include your first name, last name
- Contact Data: may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data: may include your bank account
- Transaction Data: may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you
- Technical Data: may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site
- Profile Data: may include any username and password, purchases and orders
- Usage Data: may include information about how you use our website and services
- Marketing and Communications Data: may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Dike & Son’s services, activities or online content, such as our online shopping service, Dike’s Kitchen function catering service, subscription to our marketing emails, enter a competition either online or in-store, telephone, email or text Dike & Son, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable Dike & Son (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information (e.g. if you are sending in a photograph or recipe, or if you are entering a competition). When we do this we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
How Dike & Son uses the information it collects about you
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us, for example to process a transaction online or in-store. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service, for example a courier service
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
Dike & Son will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries
- For "service administration purposes", which means that Dike & Son may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance)
- To contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, or to establish the number of visits
- To analyse and improve the services offered on our website
- To provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Dike & Son may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
When will Dike & Son contact me?
Dike & Son may contact you:
- In relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Dike & Son can deliver the services to you;
- In relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our products or services;
- In relation to any contribution you have submitted to Dike & Son, e.g. on Dike & Son message boards or via text or voicemail message;
- To invite you to participate in surveys about Dike & Son services (participation is always voluntary).
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
How Your Data is Stored, and Data Security
Client data is held on our database to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us. The data is stored electronically on our secure web servers and is backed up remotely. The servers are protected using security software and firewalls. Hard copies of customer orders are stored within a locked cabinet and shredded when the order is fulfilled.
We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Your data and any associated client data is never passed on unduly to anyone outside of Dike & Son Ltd.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Will Dike & Son share my personal information with anyone else?
We do not sell, trade, or rent personal identification information to others. We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law in connection with any legal proceedings, to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the general running of our business:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Information about visiting this website and cookies
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability.
Cookies are used on this website. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
Find out more about how you can control cookies at https://www.aboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Offensive or inappropriate content on our website or social media platforms
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our website or social media platforms, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any element of our online presence, Dike & Son may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Dike & Son reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Dike & Son may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
Young people aged 18 or under
If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to Dike & Son. For example, when applying for a job. You are not allowed to provide us with personal information without this consent.
Can I find out what personal information Dike & Son holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Dike & Son holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Last updated: May 2018